Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blog assignment#2

Warm up: One of my hobbies is playing on the computer. I like playing on the computer because it helps me type better. Another hobby I have is sleeping.I like to sleep because I am really tired on the weekends. My last hobby is playing soccer. I like playing soccer so i can exercise during the week.
                                                   PUNS
     Need an ark to save two of every animal? I noah guy.
#1 I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
#2 I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.
#3Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.
#4I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
#5I did a theatrical performance about puns. Really it was just a play on words.
#6I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
#7A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into into it
#8 A rule of grammar: double negatives are a no-no.
#9A prisoner's favorite punctuation mark is the period. It marks the end of his sentence.
#10I was going to buy a book on phobias, but I was afraid it wouldn't help me.



           Dictionary Words


jointure-

Property given to a woman upon marriage, to be owned by her after her husband's death.



billet-

To provide or obtain lodging.

willowwacks-

A wooded, uninhabited area.


burke-

To suppress or get rid of by some indirect maneuver.


polemic-

A controversial argument, as one against some opinion, doctrine, etc.


holus-bolus-

All at once; altogether.


polysemous-

Having a diversity of meanings.



melismatic-

Characterized by the singing of several notes to one syllable 
of text,for emotional impact, as in blues and other musical styles.

                                      Articles
      On August 4,2011,a 17 year old boy was buried under sand for 30 min. He was                                       buried 6 feet under sand.He thought he was gonna die. All of the sudden a person                                       rescued him. Some people think it is fun to get buried under sand, but when you                                             are buried 6 feet it is not so fun.
      One Dairy Queen seems different from the 5,000 others lighting up the country’s 
summer nights. It has the standard freezer filled with Dilly Bars, and the black-and-white
 photographs evoking a distant past. But plaques and letters and children’s handwritten 
notes cover nearly every inch of available wall, all praising someone clearly without 
Pennsylvania Dutch roots, named Hamid.

No comments:

Post a Comment