Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BA#22

A Teen’s Take
          Claire Young says,” I love being a junior volunteer! I like knowing that I can make a difference in my town, even at my age.” She is volunteering at woman’s hospital at only age 14. It is her first year in the Junior Volunteer program there. She has been placed in the GYN/Oncology Department for her first two rotations. The program is for high school students in Baton Rouge and the surrounding parishes.
         Ashley Slario says,“I love volunteering at Woman’s Hospital every summer. It gives me an opportunity to work as a nurse or a doctor. I would really like to become a doctor when I grow up.” She is seventeen and she is also volunteering at Woman's Hospital (just like Claire). It is her fourth year in the program as well. She was placed in the Maternal/Fetal Medicine department for her first two rotations.
        Caroline Schulenberg says,“Being a part of the Baton Rouge Ballet Theater’s ‘Nutcracker’ is truly an amazing experience and something I am very passionate about. I have been a cast member of the ‘Nutcracker’ since I was 8 years old, and I have come a long way since my role as a little lamb, but getting where I am today definitely did not come easy. It takes countless hours of training, dedication and hard work. With the amount of time I spend at the studio, it begins to feel like a second home with an incredible group of dancers and teachers that have become my family.” She is very dedicated to theater and she will probably get far with that dream. She is seventeen and she has been there for almost ten years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment